Thursday, June 18, 2009

Pride in Cinci

Last Saturday I attended the Cincinnati Pride festival as part of the contingent from Dreamspinner Press, which also included fellow authors Ariel Tachna and Nicki Bennett. It was a beautiful day and everyone was in a great mood. I wore my big patchwork hippie dress. I've never been quiet so exposed in my life, I don't think.

We sold some books and gave out a lot of promo CDs, which had two free short stories on them along with chapter-length excerpts of all the novels. I think that's a fantastic idea!

We talked to a lot of people. Men, women, young, old. As usual, we ran into people who were shocked (shocked!) that straight women might want to write about gay men. I don't know why it's so strange to people, honestly. But I'll tell you, people were a lot more interested when they found out we were authors who'd written some of these books!

I really wish I were doing a table in Columbus for our Pride, which is this weekend. I mistakenly thought that if I were there on my own, I'd only have my book there, which would look kinda pathetic. But my lovely publisher would have sent me boxes of other people's books for the table, and a nice cloth with the name on it, and all that stuff. I could totally have done it. Sigh. Oh well, next year.

I've been reading some great m/m novels lately. I really need to get Josh Lanyon's new one, "Somebody Killed His Editor." I still haven't read all the Adrien English books...I've been sort of rationing them out so I won't be so bereft when they're done.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the nice nice, Jane. Much appreciated.

    Hey, reading through your posts...avoid watching Amazon. Seriously. It will make you CRA-ZY. Especially the bestseller lists which are largely to do with how the books are classified and not what they're doing sales-wise. Really. Stop the madness. *g*

    ReplyDelete